The RSYC have kindly allowed us to hold our Fitting-Out Lunch in their excellent club house and this will be preceeded by the Christening Ceremony for the new club yacht “Volunteer” alongside (now a separate event on the website).
This has proved to be a very popular event and there is limited capacity in the RSYC Dining Room. Therefore bookings can only be accepted for the waiting list and should be emailed to the organiser, David Monks, at david.monks@inovarcorp,com.
The Royal Southampton Yacht Club is one of the oldest established yacht clubs in the country, receiving its Royal Charter in 1875. The main Clubhouse is located in the heart of Ocean Village, with panoramic views overlooking the marina.
Visiting by Sea
For those attending by boat the RSYC is based within the Ocean Marina with ample visitor moorings. If you wish to make use of this facility you must make arrangements directly with Ocean Marina (Tel. 023 8022 9385). The charge is £3.32 per metre up to 12.5m per day payable to the Bosun on arrival.
Visiting by Road
For those attending by car there is a “pay and display” car park next to the clubhouse. The charge is £1 per hour to a maximum of £8.
Our party will have the use of one of the club’s bars before and after lunch. It will be a cash bar and orders for extra wine for lunch will be taken by waiting staff during lunch. The club’s wine list is varied with club wines at £12.50 a bottle. Wine is also served by the glass. The menu is as follows:-
* * * * *
Main course Roast
With a selection of vegetables, Yorkshire Pudding etc.
* * * * *
Choice of Dessert
* * * * *
Coffee and Port
The cost of the lunch is £35, to include the glass of port and an initial glass of wine with lunch.
Those who have special dietary needs should provide details in the attached booking form in order that they can be accommodated.
Anyone wishing to remain after lunch may order afternoon tea through the bar.
1200 for 1300.
The rig is Blazers and Club Tie or equivalent.
Ocean Village Clubhouse
1 Channel Way
Ocean Village Southampton
The dining room and bar are located on the ground floor of the Clubhouse.
PDF of this Event
You can download a PDF version of this page that you can then email to potential guests who aren't Club members, by clicking here
Bookings should be made using the Register button, as soon as possible and by 31st March at the latest in order to facilitate lunch and berth bookings
- Register yourself and any other members or guests in your party
Then send your cheque (payable to RNVR Yacht Club) to the event organiser, David Monks at Four Winds Cottage, Crays Pond, Goring-on-Thames, RG8 7QG, as soon as possible.
Notes on How to Book
- Would all members register themselves individually. Only non-members should be recorded as guests.
- If you want to add more guests but you have already made a booking, then make a new booking for yourself, choose No for booking place at the party for yourself (i.e. you are creating a "blank" booking for yourself) and then add your guests in the usual way.
- Please do not add guests by typing their name instead of your name.
- Please don't type names in lowercase, use Title Case as you would expect them to be. The reason: they are used in various lists that are distributed.
- If another member is paying for you, they should note that when they send the cheque.
- Lastly, complete the registration by pressing the "Confirm and Proceed With Payment" button. This will cause an email to be sent. If you don't receive the email, then your registration hasn't been made.
For further information, please contact the event organisers, David Monks and Martin Alexander.