The RNVR Yacht Club's 2014 Caribbean Cruise will be an an exploration of the beautiful island of Antigua, with possible passages to/from the little known island of Barbuda.
This will be the first time the RNVRYC has cruised this area. Access from UK will be easy as there are regular direct flights to and from UK with British Airways and Virgin Atlantic. The cruise dates have been selected as it is after the school half term rush during which tickets prices can be significantly elevated.
The RNVR Yacht Club sub-committee for this Caribbean Cruise is:
In Jolly Harbour
Welcome Pontoon Party
Monday 24 February
In English Harbour
A TOT Club event followed by a Dinner at The Ristorante Paparazzi.(Those who participated in the 2012 May Bank Holiday Meet in Yarmouth will be familiar with the nature of these events!)
Host: Peter Costalas
Wednesday 26 February
In Nonsuch Bay
A Club Lunch at Harmony Hall
Host: Lorraine Ure
Saturday 1 March
End of Cruise Sunset Beach Party with Buffet Super
at "CASTAWAYS" Beach Bar and Restaurant on Jolly Beach
Host: Martin Alexander
The above programme of events has been arranged so that it will fit within the passage plans of those Members who only wish to charter for a week, i.e. from Saturday 22 February to Sunday 2 March. As with previous RNVR Yacht Club Caribbean cruises, members can charter yachts for more than a week to extend their sailing holiday.
We will sail in company, or in our own individual way, with the complete fleet meeting up for the Club events. Itineraries will be at the sole discretion of individual skippers. The period between the Wednesday to the Saturday events is sufficient for a sail to and from Barbuda for those who wish to visit this island as well as Antigua.
Yacht charter bookings for this cruise can now be made by RNVR Yacht Club members direct with Nautilus Yachting Ltd (telephone 01732 867445).
to open their email issued on 28 March 2013 with details of their Antigua fleets (sourced from Horizon Yachts, Dream Yachts and Sunsail) and their special prices for RNVR Yacht Club members. So far RNVR Yacht Club members have booked three sailing catamarans and five monohull yachts for this cruise.
There are still other yachts available from Nautilus for other members to take part!!
Those RNVR Yacht Club members who are planning a Caribbean non-sailing holiday early next year may wish to take this holiday in Antigua over the same period as the Cruise. This Cruise is unique as the yachts will be mainly at anchorages and Marinas on one island. Members and their guests holidaying with onshore accommodation on Antigua will be very welcome to join in the fun of the Cruise Meets as shore parties.
- If you are a skipper contact Nautilus to enquire about availability of the yacht you have chosen from their fleet for your charter. If you are a crew or a shore party go to step 2. below.
- Use the Register button to open the online registration form, whether a Skipper, a Crew (either seeking a berth or already having a berth) or a Shore Party.
- If you are a skipper looking for more crew or a crew looking for a skipper and yacht, then tick the appropriate box.
- If you are a crew already with a skipper please write in the box the name of your Skipper.
- If you are a crew seeking a berth please tick the appropriate box so we can publicise your name to skippers seeking crew.
- If you are a shore party please tick the appropriate box.
- Make sure you press the Confirm button at the end of your registration.
As soon as details and prices for three of the organised events are known a booking form will be prepared and sent to those who have registered. The issue of this booking form is likely to be around November 2013.
For any further information, please contact any member of the Caribbean Cruise Sub-Committee
RNVRYC on BVI Cruise in 2006