After the success of last year, the Northern Dinner is returning to the “Artists Club”, a fine city centre dining club made available to us through the good offices of our member Mike Tomkinson.
The Artists Club is a private members’ club, founded in 1877 and has occupied premises in the centre of Liverpool since 1889. Its elegant dining room is wood panelled and contains a collection of portraits that contributes to its unique ambience. You are encouraged to visit their web site at www.artists-club.co.uk
Our principal Guest of Honour is Rear Admiral Chris Hockley, Flag Officer Scotland, Northern England and Northern Ireland, and he will be accompanied by his wife.
The evening will start at 1900 with a wine reception and this will be followed by dinner at 1930 comprising:
Field mushroom stuffed with bacon, stilton and onion, topped with herb breadcrumbs, oven baked on a bed of wilted spinach leaves
* * * * * *
Roast rib of beef, Yorkshire pudding, roasted vegetables, fondant potato and red wine sauce
* * * * * *
Lemon meringue pie
* * * * * *
Cheese and biscuits
* * * * * *
Coffee or Tea with after dinner mints
Dinner will be accompanied by fine red and white wines and followed by port.
A cash bar will operate after dinner, up to 2330.
Dress for the evening will be Mess Undress uniform or Black Tie, in either case with neck decorations and miniatures.
There is no accommodation available at The Artists Club.
A list of hotels nearby is in a PDF document found by clicking here
The cost of the Dinner this year will be £43.00 per person attending. The dining room will accommodate up to 54 diners so early booking is advised. Should the limit be reached a waiting list will be established.
Number 5 Eberle Street
Directions and Travel
The Artists Club is situated in the centre of Liverpool about 10 minutes walk from Liverpool Lime Street Station, 2 minutes walk from Moorfields Station..
Metered parking is available on Moorfields nearby and there is off-road parking in Tempest Hey that is free after 1800. Tempest Hey is off Tithe Barn Street.
There is no access through Eberle Street; taxis should drop passengers either in Tempest Hey or on the main road junction of Eberle Street and Dale Street.
The dining room is on the first floor but there is NO LIFT. Regretfully, therefore, it is unsuitable for disabled access.
Bookings should be made using the Register button, as soon as possible and by Friday 15th March 2013 at the latest.
- Register yourself and any other members or guests in your party
- Ensure you complete the title, name and decorations section for each of you
- Use the Notes box to record any special dietary and other requirements
Notes on How to Book
- Would all members register themselves individually. Only non-members should be recorded as guests.
- If you want to add more guests but you have already made a booking, then make a new booking for yourself, choose No for booking place at the party for yourself (i.e. you are creating a "blank" booking for yourself) and then add your guests in the usual way.
- Please do not add guests by typing their name instead of your name.
- Please don't type names in lowercase, use Title Case as you would expect them to be. The reason: they are used in various lists that are distributed.
- If another member is paying for you, they should note that when they send the cheque.
- Lastly, complete the registration by pressing the "Confirm and Proceed With Payment" button. This will cause an email to be sent. If you don't receive the email, then your registration hasn't been made.
Then send your cheque (payable to RNVR Yacht Club) to Sue Walker at 5 George Frederick Road, Sutton Coldfield, B73 6TA as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact the event organisers, Sue Walker
or Cedric Loughran.